This is an absolutely delicious smoothie recipe that is perfect for breakfast, or a mid-morning or mid-afternoon break.
There are so many positive things about smoothies – they are quick, easy, inexpensive and healthy.
- 100g raw cashew nuts (you can soak them overnight if you remember, but don’t worry if you don’t)
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1-2cm cube fresh ginger, peeled
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 50g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 660g unsweetened coconut water
- 200g frozen bananas*, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250g ice cubes
If you find this recipe is not quite enough to fill you, then add some natural protein powder, which will no doubt get you through a busy morning.
- Place cashews and dates into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend till you get the consistency you like.
If you feel like you don’t have enough time to make this from scratch, then there are some great products on the market where all you need to do is add your preferred milk and fruit of choice. A delicious and healthy one that I have recently tried is Wholey Foods Breakfast Smoothie. Keep a couple in your cupboard for those really hectic mornings.
Always buy a few extra bananas (or use ones that are a little past eating fresh), peel them, cover them in gladwrap, and keep in the freezer until you are ready to use them in a smoothie.
We share healthy and simple recipes like this one in our monthly Insights e-news. Complete the sign-up below so we can welcome you to our community.