Heidi Dening is a wellness consultant and speaker, and is making a lasting contribution to this world by educating and inspiring busy professionals to make realistic, healthy choices about their lives. As the Founder and CEO of Workable Wellness, she is passionate about helping companies implement workplace wellness programs that result in improved employee health, resilience, performance, productivity and loyalty.
With over 20 years experience in the health, wellness and fitness industry, Heidi is a sought-after speaker, consultant, author and leader who has a unique ability to bring out the best in people. Throughout her career, she’s helped countless individuals and corporate clients to achieve better workplace health via online and offline programs, workshops, conferences and group sessions.
Heidi has grown four successful businesses from scratch – Workable Wellness, Jump Start Your Life, Jump Start Your Success, and Jump Start Foundation – and has worked with large corporations, small businesses, local and international communities, and local and international governments.
In addition to this hands-on business experience, she’s featured on TV (Personal Trainer on ABC’s reality show Agony Aunts), in books (Australia’s Most Inspiring Health and Wellness Professionals), in magazines and newspapers (Runners World Australia and the Sydney Morning Herald), and has presented on stage with other health and fitness personalities such as Michelle Bridges.
On a personal level, Heidi knows what it’s like to be time-poor and how this can impact your ability to look after yourself. During the 17+ years that she owned a bricks and mortar business, she also presented online programs across different time zones, ran an international not-for-profit responsible for delivering literacy and girls empowerment programs in the Pacific, was a frequent guest presenter at industry and business events, took care of both of her terminally ill parents so they could live their last years in their home with love, support and dignity, and overcame two debilitating illnesses herself.
Heidi knows that she couldn’t have juggled everything without prioritising her own wellness through movement, rejuvenation, nourishment and self-care. As such, her mission is to educate as many professionals as she can to prioritise health and wellness so they too can thrive both in their career and in life.
- #CelebratingWomen Global Project – Honour Roll (2017)
- Telstra Business Women of the Year Award – Nominee (2016, 2011)
- Better Business Partnership Awards – Community Award Winner (2015)
- Rotary Internationals’ Paul Harris Fellow Award (2013)
- Australia Day Merit Award (2011)
- International Women’s Day Local Hero – Westpac Neutral Bay (2011)
- Fitness Professional of the Year – Finalist (2008, 2007, 2006)
- Personal Training Business of the Year – Finalist (2008)
- Australian Business Women’s Network – Mentor in ABN MentorNet National Program (2008)
- President of Personal Trainers Council of NSW (2003-2006)
- Personal Trainers Council of NSW Acting President (2001-2003)
- Fitness NSW – Board Representative (2001-2006)
- Fitness NSW – Marketing Committee (2002-2004)
- Health and Fitness Retreat – Lord Howe Island – Coordinator and Program Leader (2002)
- Vanuatu Island Relay – Port Vila, Vanuatu – Australian Coordinator (2001-2014)