This healthy recipe is not only jam-packed with delicious ingredients that will nourish your body, but it is also quite a show-stopper at a dinner party. The original recipe suggests you make your own hummus, but if you are anything like me and need to find some short-cuts, then using a pre-prepared preservative free one is perfectly OK (my favourite is Yalla).
- 500g baby carrots, washed and trimmed
- 2T olive oil
- 60g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 x 225g tub hummus
- 2T pomegranate molasses
- 1-2T lemon juice to taste
- 1T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine carrots, olive oil, and sea salt and lay onto a large baking dish.
- Roast for 30-40mins until tender and caramelised. Remove.
- Combine pomegranate, lemon juice, and olive oil into a small bowl or glass jar and mix until smooth and combined.
- Spread hummus onto a serving plate.
- Arrange carrots over the hummus. Scatter fresh pomegranate jewels.
- Garnish with pistachio and chopped parsley.
- Drizzle over pomegranate dressing and serve.
Recipe by Teresa Cutter
We share healthy and simple recipes like this one in our monthly Insights e-news. Complete the sign-up below so we can welcome you to our community.