Mediterranean Chicken Bake with Capsicum and Basil
2T olive oil
6 chicken thigh fillets
Salt and pepper to season
1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
4 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
1 red capsicum, cut into thick slices
1 yellow capsicum, cut into thick slices
6 anchovies, chopped (optional)
½ cup chicken stock
Pinch of sugar
1 can of cannellini beans – drained & rinsed
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Take a large baking dish or frying pan that can be placed on the stovetop as well as oven and heat over high heat.
- Add the olive oil, season the chicken thigh fillets with salt and pepper and pan fry until brown on both sides.
- Remove from stovetop and add the onions, garlic
andcapsicum around the chicken pieces.
- Scatter with anchovies and pour over the stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar, and transfer to the oven for 15mins.
- Add cannellini beans and cook for a further 15-20mins, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and scatter with torn basil leaves and serve immediately with a splash of balsamic vinegar.