Nutty Grain Salad with Coconut Yoghurt Dressing
This is a spectacular salad filled with such goodness. I admit it is a little more time-consuming to prepare than other salads, but the result is definitely worth it!
1 bunch coriander, chopped
½ bunch parsley, chopped
½ red onion, finely diced
1 cup Quinoa
½ cup Puy lentils
2 T pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 T slivered almonds
2 T pine nuts
2 T baby capers
½ cup currants
Juice of 1 lemon
3 T extra virgin olive
Sea salt to taste
1 pomegranate, deseeded, to serve
1 cup thick coconut yoghurt
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
1 T honey
- Blanch quinoa and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked. Drain well and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, toast pumpkin seeds, almonds and pine nuts
- Mix the yoghurt, ground cumin and honey until combined.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, quinoa, lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste.
- Place into serving dish and top with cumin yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat and it contains almost twice as much fibre as most other grains.
Ref: Original recipe from Goodfood.com.au