One Pot Tasty Fish
This one pot fish dish is perfect for a mid-week meal when you have had a busy day and don’t have a lot of time. The great thing about this recipe is that it is really simple to make but it is really tasty and satisfying. Of course, it is also packed with goodness.
Fish is one of our world’s healthiest foods. It is loaded with important nutrients such as protein and Vitamin D, and is low in saturated fat. The greatest super power of fish is its rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for optimal brain and body health. Click to tweet
- 2 mackerel, herring, snapper or bream (whatever is fresh and locally sourced) – scaled and gutted
- 50ml olive oil (2T)
- 1 onion – halved and sliced
- Chilli flakes
- Large handful of flat-leaf parsley – chopped
- 6 turns black peppermill
- 3 tomatoes – peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – sliced
- 1 lemon – skin and pith removed – chopped
- Lightly sprinkle fish with salt inside and out
- Pour 1T olive oil into a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid
- Scatter onions in the base and lay fish on top. Sprinkle chilli flakes (to your liking) on both sides of fish
- Add parsley, tomatoes, garlic and lemon. Sprinkle with pepper and top with remaining olive oil.
- Cover saucepan, bring to a simmer, and cook over medium heat for about 25mins.
- Serve with sumac flat bread, brown rice, or roasted sweet potato.